We help internationally trained trades persons – electricians, millwrights, HVAC mechanics, plumbers and carpenters to achieve their Red Seal Certification and find work.
This intensive employment preparation training and Certificate of Qualification exam preparation course helps skilled trades people build on their expertise and get the qualifications they need to find work in Ontario.
The program includes employment preparation with trade specific technical and workplace language training, job search strategy and labour market information in a five-week module, and a six-week Certificate of Qualification preparation course taught by qualified instructors at Humber College. This component covers: Canadian codes, rules and regulations; technical skills upgrading; and exam strategies for test taking.
Job search strategies
- Employer training incentives are available for on-the-job training
- Build your workplace experience with a paid internship
- Test to Hire: a program incorporating workplace experience that allows you to test a job and prove your capabilities to an employer
- A Work Experience Placement that builds your resume, and in some cases, leads to permanent employment
- A mentor can help you gain insights into your profession, and help you build a network of professional contacts
Canadian citizen, landed immigrant or convention refugee
Grade 10 or equivalent education
4-5 years of work experience in a related trade
Intermediate level of English (CLB 7)
Date, time, location
Program includes: six weeks of technical training Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm; and five weeks of employment preparation Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 2 pm
Does this program interest you?
- Contact the program
- Book an appointment with an information and referral counselor
905.764.0202 ext 101 (York) or 905.595.1679 x103 (Peel) | Trades Win contact form
Funded by the Government of Ontario