Language skills are an important consideration because language proficiency significantly increases employability, and once you have a job, it can influence your potential for advancement.
Offered in partnership with the Toronto District School Board and the Toronto Catholic District School Board, our English as a second language (ESL) courses are occupation based and excellent for career advancement.
Fee: All ESL course are FREE for the month of September!
- ESL: Advanced English for Professionals
- ESL: Clerical Accounting
- ESL: Customer Service
- ESL: Intensive English
- ESL: Medical Terminology
Registration and information
Courses run at various times, including daytime and Saturdays. If you are interested in registering for English as a second language (ESL) or TOEFL courses, you must be assessed by a counsellor to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria.
Is this for me?
- You are 18 years of age or older
- Your first language is not English or French
- You have an intermediate level of English (CLB 5-7)
- You have completed high school, or you are an early school leaver; AND you are not currently enrolled in any publicly supported day school in Ontario
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, convention refugee, protected person, or refugee claimant; or
- a provincial nominee, or their dependant, who has been approved through the Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program but has not yet been processed to receive permanent resident status; or
- a temporary foreign worker, or their dependant, who has been approved through the Canadian Experience Class; or
- a foreign domestic worker admitted under the Live-In Caregiver program.
You must show valid proof of status to your instructor before being admitted to class.
If you are not eligible to take an ESL course, an information and referral counsellor can provide alternatives.