Each sector module provides four-weeks of language training to increase proficiency in English. The fifth week focuses on job search training to develop occupation-specific job search strategies. Ongoing support includes mentoring, job search coaching and job leads.
- Enhance your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Increase knowledge in sector specific terminology
- Work on English grammar and pronunciation
- Learn about Canadian communication and workplace culture
What will I learn?
- Develop targeted resumes, cover letters and employment action plan
- Enhance cold calling, networking and interview skills
- Identify suitable job leads
- Connect with a mentor who can guide you in your job search process, help you build a network of professional contacts, and increase your communication proficiency in English
Is this course for me?
Permanent resident or convention refugee
Language assessment by the YMCA assessment centre*
* If you meet the eligibility criteria for ELT, you can be assessed at no charge. In Toronto, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) assessment centre is the YMCA. Once you have been assessed, you can access ELT and other CIC-funded language programs offered by Skills for Change and other community organizations.
When and where
ELT for Egnineers and IT Professionals| November 18 (9 am to 2:30 pm)
Time: Monday to Friday | 9:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. | Five weeks
Location: Skills for Change | Toronto Central
Registration and information
To book an appointment or for more information, contact 416-658-3101 x 206 or email email@example.com
Note: You will need to get your language level assessed at a YMCA assessment centre
Funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada