The Finance and Office Assistant Program is for international professionals with experience in administration and financial services that are currently registered with Toronto Employment and Social Services.
This intensive program includes 20 weeks of training and a six-week work placement. You will build your understanding of administration and finance standards and procedures in Canada. The knowledge you gain will increase your self-confidence and enhance your ability to secure and retain paid employment in administration and finance occupations, such as insurance and leasing.
What will I learn?
- Computerized Bookkeeping with Quickbooks Premium 2012
- MS Word/Google Docs/Cloud Computing
- MS Excel 2010
- MS Access and MS PowerPoint 2010
- Financial Planning and Banking in Canada
- Life Skills/Workplace Communication
- Client/Cutsomer Service
- eCommuncation and Business Writing
- Business Administration Procedures (with Job Shadowing)
- Job Search and Networking Strategies
- Work Experience Placement
This program includes placement services. You will be connected with a job developer who is dedicated to finding the employment opportunities that are a right fit between you. The job developer will assess your skills, experience, and employment requirements, and introduce you to prospective employers.
Is this for me?
- Currently on social assistance
- Canadian citizen born outside of Canada, permanent resident (speak English as a Second Language or dialect), refugee claimant, or convention refugee*
- Eligible to work in Canada (must have a valid work permit)
- Must be familiar with Keyboard and Computers
- Intermediate level of English (CLB 6+)
- Willing to commit to entire duration of the program
* Priority will be given to people who have been in Canada for less than 5 years
When and where
Start date: January 13, 2014
Time: Monday to Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Location: Skills for Change | Toronto Central
Registration and information
- Make sure you meet all of the eligibility criteria
- Contact your TESS caseworker
For more information: 416-658-3101 x213
Funded by the City of Toronto
You might also be interested in our low-cost professional development courses in business and finance.