Our information referral counsellors will likely be your first point of contact at Skills for Change. The role of our I&R counsellors is to speak with you about your employment questions and goals so they can direct you to the right programs, services and supports.
After speaking with a counsellor you may be directed to programs or services offered at Skills for Change or to other community resources, including training opportunities, skills upgrading or other government programs and services sdepending on your needs.
Our I&R counsellors:
- Assist you in filling out our program forms
- Conduct career assessment to determine your training and employment needs
- Assess your suitability for different programs and services
- Introduce you to all f the services offered by Employment Ontario
- Provide an introduction to our Professional communication and workplace culture workshops
- Refer you to other suitable programs and services
- Research and update existing labor market information and community resources on a regular basis
- Provide information and support for clients using our resource centre