Skills for Change is a charitable organization dedicated to employment success for immigrants and refugees. A focus on professional communications, workplace culture, skills upgrading and bridging, mentoring and language classes directly responds to the needs of hiring managers from Canada's leading employers. Skills for Change Board members help the organization bridge the gap and ensure that Canada has the workforce that's required to meet the challenges of the coming decades.
Responsibilities of Board Members
Board members take an active role in governance:
- Commit to the vision, mission and values of Skills for Change
- Make a commitment of two years
- Commit to eight board meetings a year (in the evenings), and to participate in one committee or working group (on average 6 meetings a year)
- Support the conferences and events of the organization
The board follows a policy governance model. The board focuses on the supporting the organization with oversight in the follow key areas:
- Human Resources
- Real estate / planning
- Risk management
- Marketing / communications
- Strategic planning
For more information contact Alain Graham, 647-388-8716.